[Spam] [Vision2020] World Economics

James Reynolds chapandmaize at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 31 15:05:27 PST 2006

I feel the same way as you on this Roger.

The main argument used for the ultimate lowering of our standard of living
was that we could not compete with foriegn wage rates or the lack of
environmental regulations placed on foriegn industries. Then it went, either
their wages and enviromental regulations have to increase or our's need to
decrease in order for us to compete. Industry will naturally choose to
operate in the place of least cost, leaving us without jobs which will then
push us to lower our wage expectations and thus our standard of living.

The scenario does make it seem very important for our trade agreements to
have wage and enviromental specifications in them. I sure hope we don't end
up screwed.

James