[Vision2020] One more WalMart thing . . .

Janesta Carcich janestacarcich at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 14:37:40 PST 2006

Pat,

*slow smile*

I put a phony name on my card, and always pay cash for
everything. Bills, everything. If I don't have cash, I
don't need it.

Wal-Mart has by far, the worst customer service in
town. Try asking someone working there, other than
management, where something is, and they say "I don't
know" and turn around and walk away. If I ever did
that working at Drug Fair way back when, Shirley would
have had my hide and fired me!

Janesta

--- Pat Kraut <pkraut at moscow.com> wrote:

> I have suggested that Safeway won't survivie with or
> without a Wal-Mart and had a friend tell me why she
> won't shop there...its the card! When they first got
> the 'card' she tried to get some cherries locally
> that were marked 99 cents she thought until she got
> to the checker and was informed that price was only
> good if she had a 'card'. She walked out and has not
> been back and so have her children. I am well aware
> that many don't mind the stores keeping track of
> what they purchase and when but I do and know many
> others do also. It was a poor business decision and
> they will pay the marketplace price for it as well
> as Rite Aid and others. This friend is older and
> lived in Troy in the 1940's so I asked her if Troy
> ever had a clothing store and she said yes. When she
> moved there someone did but they got older and
> didn't stay in business and the persons family did
> not take it over so it has been a long time. I have
> heard that the new Wal-mart will hurt the small
> cities but I don't think it will more so than now
> because otherwise a 'short trip' to the store turns
> into hours from far enough out. Yes, those on the
> way home from work in the bigger cities will stop
> before they get that far but that has to be
> happening now doesn't it? Also, I recently had a
> problem with a tire and went to Les Shwab because I
> have their tires. A young man stopped me in the
> parking lot asked the problem and I went in and
> filled out a yellow form. Within less that 10 min he
> came in and said it had been a stem and it was fixed
> and to have a nice day! I want you to know that I am
> not likely to give up that service. Especially being
> an 'older' woman, alone and poor I need help and I
> am smart enough to know it. I do not know what
> service Wal-mart offers but I do not see me changing
> that part of my shopping.
> I want you to know that I am not saying that two new
> stores won't make changes I am just saying that it
> all levels out and some survive and some
> don't...been that way a long time.

Janesta Carcich

"Peace is not won by those who fiercely guard their differences,
but by those who with open minds and hearts seek out connections."

~ Katherine Paterson ~

***Because I am finding my words on the blogs of organizations I do not support***

~~~~~ Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Janesta Carcich ~~~~~

~~~~~ Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020
             forum without the express written permission of the author~~~~~