[Spam] Re: [Vision2020] Thank You

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Tue Jan 31 12:15:35 PST 2006

Since we ar telling childhood school stories here is mine. I went to a one room country schooll in the remote area of Owhyee County. There were outhouses and a well of sorts. It was mainly a sping that water was dipped out of.  My two brothers and I were half the school. all of the kids rode horseback to school. One rode about 8 miles. We were only about 2 miles. School started in the spring whenever the road opened up enough to get a teacher in there. We were snowed in for about 4 months. There was a teacherage where the teacher stayed. Due to the time element we went to school for only 8 months.
We said the pledge by placing our hand over the heart. I have never heard of it being done otherwise. I started to school in the spring of 1944.

Roger