[Vision2020] PTSD

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 30 23:03:32 PST 2006

Not only has Phil been through infantry training, (advanced infantry at
that,) but I personally went through AIT as a 62F20 (yes, I did attain the
Rank of E5.)  NEVER were we dehumanized or taught to treat people less than
they should be.  Fact is, with the training and advanced training we
received in First Aid/Treage, we treated and fed a great many of the
villagers we encountered in country.  This is happening in Iraq and has
happened in every single action/war that this country has seen over seas
since before the SA War.

I'm not sure what you mean by "As far as I noticed there wasn't any dwelling
on the niceities of the human condition within that training regime."  Where
have you "noticed" this?  Under what conditions?  In what camp and for what
training?

No one is tooting their own horn; we are simply trying, for whatever reason,
to get you to see that this issue, as any other, has more than your point of
view.

I would like to know why this is such an issue for you; do you have someone
dealing with PTSD that has specifically been linked to some action they saw
over seas?  Or did they have a particularily hard BCT/AIT/PDS?

I am not looking for a fight here, I'm simply tring to understand your point
of view.

J  :]