[Vision2020] PTSD

James Reynolds chapandmaize at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 30 14:06:35 PST 2006

Phil

I was with the Screaming Eagles myself Phil so your dad and I have that in
common; I only had three stripes like you however. I actually heard (not in
my experience) from a vet that the drill sergeants (2000) in his Infantry
class had a routine where he had the recruits lie on their backs kicking
their arms and legs in the air and yelling "I am a Bug!". The intent of this
exercise was to degrade the soldiers, not to fill them with solid admiration
for themselves. We can have disagreements over this till the cows come home
but the facts are that (for the grunt) absolute deferment to command is what
is trained and expected. Not once was I told anything good about humanity.

We agree on the need to take care of the troops when they come home, that's
what is important.

James reynolds