[Vision2020] Re: mangling spanish

joekc at adelphia.net joekc at adelphia.net
Mon Jan 30 06:25:22 PST 2006

Chas,
Are single word uses of caps, like THIS, considered shouting? I use caps for emphasis. Are boldfaced words or sentences instances of shouting?
Thanks!
--
Joe Campbell

---- Chasuk wrote:

=============
On 1/29/06, g. crabtree wrote:

>So does this format make for the tidier, more succinct message that you
>desire? Definitely more of a pain in the ass to create. Is there a
>definitive way to reply to a forum post that's easy and still meets your
>stringent guidelines for "netiquette?"

Yes, and yes (erm, the second yes is a qualified yes, as I don't know
that it can be described as "easy." However, neither does it deserve
the word "difficult). Here are a few simple rules that have evolved
over the decades of electronic communication, with especial relevance
to e-mail and forums:

1. When you reply, quote only as much as is necessary to establish context.
2. DON'T SHOUT (writing in all caps is considered shouting).
3. Don't send huge attachments without the permission of the recipient.
4. For reasons of politeness, bandwidth conservation, and security,
send plaintext e-mails.
5. When forwarding, delete all attached addresses and unnecessary '>'
characters.
6. Don't overuse emoticons.
7. Don't overuse exclamation marks or question marks!!!!!! Okay????!!!!???
8. Spellcheck and proofread the document.

I'm only providing this list because you asked; it isn't directed at
you or anyone in particular.

Chas

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com