[Vision2020] the pledge

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Sun Jan 29 16:50:11 PST 2006

The idea of a social visit to Opyr-Huskeyville is not something that I care
to dwell on. I suspect that I would be as welcome as dysentery and treated
accordingly. What I do know is what I have read. It's clear to me that when
it comes to the topic of Wal-Mart, group think is the order of the day at
the estate. I don't believe that I have cast any aspersions on Mr. Husky's
patriotism and I'll reserve judgment on his grasp of the issues. I know
nothing about a "nefarious plot" involving the pledge and Wal-Mart. I do
know that folks with limited income will be more than happy to stretch their
shopping dollar there. I do know that people with limited job skills will be
happy to start (or end) their working careers there. I know that removing
these peoples options because some other business MIGHT go under is
ridiculous. I know that passing legislation that effects one company and not
another is discriminatory. I know that the spoiling of the view from the
cemetery is gibbering lunacy. I know that when it comes to reasons for not
approving a new super Wal-Mart store one need only look at the pathetic
sputtering that came from the Pullman PARD campaign to see that there aren't
many. Last of all I know that confusing Donovan's or any one else's
dissenting opinion on this topic for contempt is ridiculous.

G. Crabtree