[Vision2020] Wal-Mart - was Doug Jones Says It Clearly

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 14:09:50 PST 2006

On 1/29/06, g. crabtree <jampot at adelphia.net> wrote:

> Joe, I am fairly familiar with the works of Mr. Webster and Mr. Roget. It's
> the world of Gates, Jobs, and Wozniak with which I am struggling. Is it bad
> form to simply hit the reply or reply all "button" when electronically
> yapping back and forth? And if so, perhaps a brief explanation as to why and
> the more correct technique. The last thing in the world I'd want to do is
> incur the wrath of Mr. Uk or any of our more technologically astute
> muchachos.

You wouldn't incur my wrath, I promise.  However, it is considered
good "netiquette" to include only the minimum required portion when
quoting in a reply... the least amount required for clarity.  It's
tidier that way, and more succinct.  For some old timers (and I do
count myself as one of them, as far as participating in on-line forums
is concerned, having participated in one form of electronic
communication or anther nearly continuously since the early 1980's),
it is big deal. For me, it isn't such a big deal, but huge swatches of
redundantly quoted text make it slightly more tedious to scroll
through a lot of messages.

But I have plenty of less-technologically astute muchachos who never
placate me, and they are still my muchachos, so don't sweat it.  :-)

By the way, what's a muchacho?  Is it like an amigo?