[Vision2020] the pledge

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 09:29:53 PST 2006

"Since we already HAVE a Wal-Mart and a Super  Wal-Mart is scheduled to go into Pullman, please tell me how it is that  keeping a Super Wal-Mart out of Moscow limits anyone's choice." Joe  Campbell

  Joe,

 I do not think you are comprehending  the argument here. It does not matter the reasons why thousands of  shoppers want a Super Wal-Mart. The questions is whether 30,000  shoppers and a willing company want to exchange property have the right  to do so when they are following all the same federal, state, and local  laws as everyone else. Can a rowdy, noisy, obnoxious minority group of  people stop a store from providing for the needs of lower income  families and those that wish to shop there?

  If  you want reason of why it limits choice I will give you several of them;

  Someone does not have a car to drive to Pullman

  Someone does not want to burn the gas to drive to Pullman

  Someone does not WANT to drive to Pullman

  Someone does not have the TIME to drive to Pullman

  Someone is not allowed to go to Pullman or cross state lines

  Someone wants to work at a Super Wal-Mart in Idaho

  Some one does not want to pay 5% tax on groceries

  Someone wants to keep tax dollars in Idaho

  Someone wants to do one stop shopping in Idaho

  Someone wants to go for long walks indoors in the winter or rain

  Someone wants to do donuts in their big parking lot a 12PM

  Someone wants to walk or ride a bike to Wal-mart

  There is giant snow storm a Pullman is too far

  There ice cream might melt

  There trunk does not close and want to avoid the highway

  They get lost in Pullman

  They hate Pullman

  Pullman traffic is horrible because they have a game

  They do not know their way around Pullman

  They like the Color Blue

  The Queen of England is English

  Their girlfriend is ugly

  OK so the last three were irrational and illogical but so is the  reasons for opposing the right of shoppers to shop where they want.

  _DJA

joekc at adelphia.net wrote:                                Since we already HAVE a Wal-Mart and a Super Wal-Mart is scheduled to  go into Pullman, please tell me how it is that keeping a Super Wal-Mart  out of Moscow limits anyone's choice. As I have stated and argued  previously, two Super Wal-Marts would eventually limit our choices far  more.
--
Joe Campbell

---- Donovan Arnold   wrote:

=============
"Saying  the pledge is like saying a public prayer; it is an effort by believers  to force nonbelievers (whatever the belief might be;  religious,patriotic, political and so on) to comply with the believers  version of reality, no matter how screwy and non-rational that belief  might be."-Don Huskey

Ironic statement coming from a guy who  wants to prevent 30,000 Palouse residents from freely shopping at the  store of their choice because of his screwy non-rational political  beliefs.

_DJA

          DonaldH675 at aol.com wrote: Donovan,
I  did not claim that anyone made the recommendation to quit saying the  pledge because at the time I posted I had no idea who had made the  suggestion. It was my own idea that saying the pledge was and is a  waste of time. And might I add that at no time did I say anything about  anyone's right to say the pledge privately whenever they so chose.  Saying the pledge is like saying a public prayer; it is an effort by  believers to force nonbelievers (whatever the belief might be;  religious,patriotic, political and so on) to comply with the believers  version of reality, no matter how screwy and non-rational that belief  might be.

Don           Huskey

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then           they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi
List services           made available by First Step Internet,
serving the communities of           the Palouse since 1994.
http://www.fsr.net
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

Now share photos without attaching a           thing.
Check out PhotoMail from Yahoo! Mail.

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com