[Vision2020] the pledge

joekc at adelphia.net joekc at adelphia.net
Sun Jan 29 08:07:06 PST 2006

Since we already HAVE a Wal-Mart and a Super Wal-Mart is scheduled to go into Pullman, please tell me how it is that keeping a Super Wal-Mart out of Moscow limits anyone's choice. As I have stated and argued previously, two Super Wal-Marts would eventually limit our choices far more.
--
Joe Campbell

---- Donovan Arnold wrote:

"Saying the pledge is like saying a public prayer; it is an effort by believers to force nonbelievers (whatever the belief might be; religious,patriotic, political and so on) to comply with the believers version of reality, no matter how screwy and non-rational that belief might be."-Don Huskey

Ironic statement coming from a guy who wants to prevent 30,000 Palouse residents from freely shopping at the store of their choice because of his screwy non-rational political beliefs.

_DJA

DonaldH675 at aol.com wrote: Donovan,
I did not claim that anyone made the recommendation to quit saying the pledge because at the time I posted I had no idea who had made the suggestion. It was my own idea that saying the pledge was and is a waste of time. And might I add that at no time did I say anything about anyone's right to say the pledge privately whenever they so chose. Saying the pledge is like saying a public prayer; it is an effort by believers to force nonbelievers (whatever the belief might be; religious,patriotic, political and so on) to comply with the believers version of reality, no matter how screwy and non-rational that belief might be.

Don Huskey

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi
List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com