[Vision2020] the pledge

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 09:06:42 PST 2006

"Wrong  again Donovan. My political beliefs have never been posted on this  board so you haven't a clue about my political beliefs."-Don Huskey

  Yeah, they are such a mystery.

  "But I do have a Masters Degree in Business Administration and the rise  of dominant companies like Standard Oil in the 1890's, or Carnegie  Steel in the same period and I would argue Walmart and some other very  large present day companies are NOT the result of free markets but of  laissez faire unfettered capitalism. "

 You may have a MBA but  you obviously missed American History from 1860-1945. Wal-Mart, and I  know this may come as a shock, never shot and killed villages full of  men, women and children camped out in tents. So comparing Wal-Mart to  Rockefellar's Standard Oil is a bit over the top.

 Wal-Mart  rose to power not by  unfettered capitalism from a  multi-billionaire. Wal-Mart became successful because a couple of poor  brothers from Bentonville, Arkansas started a business with the novel  concept of offering the lowest price they could offer to low income  families. The Rockefeller's, Carnegie, JP Morgan, and the other  criminals of the 1800s and 1900s murdered their workers, gouged their  customers, and bribed the political leaders of the time. Wal_Mart started in the shadows of KMart, Sears, Macy's and other retail giants.

  The people that shop at Wal-mart, work at Wal-Mart, and have  experienced the greatest increase in wealth in US history are the poor  and minorities, the very people that liberals elitists claim to be  championing.

  _DJA

DonaldH675 at aol.com wrote:          Wrong  again Donovan. My political beliefs have never been posted on this  board so you haven't a clue about my political beliefs. But I do have a  Masters Degree in Business Administration and the rise of dominant  companies like Standard Oil in the 1890's, or Carnegie Steel in the  same period and I would argue Walmart and some other very large present  day companies are NOT the result of free markets but of laissez faire  unfettered capitalism. The regulatory side of the free market has  failed in the United States and what we have is oligopoly and/or  fledgling monopoly both of which are described as detrimental to free  markets by no less a personage than Adam Smith who just happened to  coin the term free markets as we know it.

  Don   Huskey

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight   you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi
 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com