[Vision2020] Did Wenders and Harkins Enjoy Their Tenure?

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Sat Jan 28 17:08:00 PST 2006

Phil,

I can't speak to the issues in WA you refer to,
but I can speak to the mines and mills closing in
the Silver Valley. It had little to nothing to do
with labor costs and everything to do with the
company finally being held responsible for the
deliberate emissions of lead pollution into the
atmosphere and waters of the Silver Valley. That
plus the bust in the price of silver after the
failed attempt of the Hunt brothers of Texas fame
to corner the world silver market.

Mark Solomon