[Vision2020] pledge

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Sat Jan 28 08:47:10 PST 2006

I guess it depends on what you mean by "supporting our troops". Having been
there during Vietnam I can tell you that the troops there didn't think much of
 the support they were getting from the American people and I was there while
the  war was still relatively popular at home.

If you mean that most people think that the troops are doing their best to
accomplish the missions given to them and that most of them are serving
honorably then I agree that most people are supportive of our troops.

If you mean by support that most people are appalled and angry that our
troops don't have adequate body armor and are doing something about it, have
taken the time to get the address of a person in Iraq or Afganistan and take the
time to correspond regularly, including sending goodie boxes, have bothered to
 take the time to see if there is anything that families with members in
these  "wars" need, then I would say that the support for our troops is not very
universal.

My guess is that most of our support for our troops consists of buying a
magnetic stick on sign for our cars, probably made in China, applying it and
loudly proclaiming our support for our troops.

For those of you out there that are really supporting our troops, "Well
done".

Don  Huskey
Capt USMC (Ret)

"First they  ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
you win." Mahatma  Gandhi