[Vision2020] the pledge

Tom Ivie the_ivies3 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 09:22:14 PST 2006

Not knowing for sure what would happen, I think Donovan should give it a try.  It might even make the paper.  I doubt, however, that Donovan would be removed.  It just wouldn't look good.  Talk about an opportunity for a "grand stand".

Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:    Hansen,

Right after the Mayor calls the meeting to order but before the first order of business, where the Pledge was stated, stand up and start saying the Pledge. Do so every meeting and see what happens. There will be your evidence.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:       st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }   <![en! dif]-->             Arnold stated:

  “As for the "Those who wish to recite the Pledge before council meetings can do so."--I do not think so. Anyone that recites the Pledge will be ruled out of order and can be removed from the chamber by law enforcement.”

  Please, Arnold, substantiate this ignorant claim.  What evidence have you got that Mayor Chaney and/or the City Council would remove a local citizen for reciting our Pledge of Allegiance?

  "Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."

--Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com