[Vision2020] the pledge

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 07:25:45 PST 2006

Hansen,

Right after the Mayor calls the  meeting to order but before the first order of business, where the  Pledge was stated, stand up and start saying the Pledge. Do so every  meeting and see what happens. There will be your evidence.

  Take Care,

  Donovan J Arnold

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:                    st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                    Arnold stated:

    &#8220;As  for the "Those who wish to recite the Pledge before council meetings  can do so."--I do not think so. Anyone that recites the Pledge will be  ruled out of order and can be removed from the chamber by law  enforcement.&#8221;

    Please, Arnold,  substantiate this ignorant claim.  What evidence have you got that  Mayor Chaney and/or the City Council would remove a local citizen for  reciting our Pledge of Allegiance?

    "Patriotism is not a short and  frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a  lifetime."

  --Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.