[Vision2020] Divisiveness and blogs

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 08:29:33 PST 2006

Carl is right. Blogs and email forums do create  conflict and divisiveness. I find people on V2020, including myself,  less considerate and polite to others online, versus in person.

  I think it is in part because we do not see the person, often do not  know them, mistranslating their meaning, and/or get so caught up in the  argument/content and lose site of the human on the other end.

  I know many people on V2020, and none of you have horns and a tail.  However, just reading the content of some people, I would swear you  could trace their IP address directly to a dark tiny corner room on the  bottom floor of Hell.

 Carl, or anyone else, it would be  interesting to see a study on the increase of divisiveness caused by  blogs and ways to counter them.

  Take Care,

  _DJA

Carl Westberg <carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com> wrote:  I, after extensive research and cogitation that started about 4 minutes ago
and concluded just now, have determined that blogs are responsible for much
of the divisiveness that comes with just about anything that's discussed
anymore, from Wal-Mart to the pledge and everything in between.  With
approximately 4 million blogs being born every 5 minutes, it's incredibly
easy to find those that mirror your worldview, and assure you of your
absolute rightness in your beliefs.  I'm as guilty of it as anyone, hanging
out at Commondreams, etc., while those with a right leaning penchant can
visit theirs, and everything is pure black and white for us, with no gray
areas to complicate matters.  I know I'm correct in this, because I just
found a blog that says I am.

   Carl Westberg Jr.

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com