[Vision2020] pledge

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Thu Jan 26 19:18:44 PST 2006

Mr. Ament, I have to admit that I am not to worried about being attacked by "external enemies" here in Moscow, either but I am fairly sure that the world trade center  wasn't destroyed by a Knights of Columbus sponsored boy scout troop or the pentagon hit by pissed off Mary Kay salesladies. Say the pledge or don't. I personally do not see how it excludes anyone or creates a litmus test. I myself like it. it reminds me of when Sister Incarnation first taught it to my kindergarten class and the beginning of every school day there after for the next seven years. I must say that all of that familiarity did not breed contempt or cause my skin to crawl. I suspect that this is just the first of many questionable decisions that are about to be inflicted on our town.

Waiting patiently for the next election,
G. Crabtree