[Vision2020] the pledge

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Thu Jan 26 16:52:56 PST 2006

Most of the comments for not saying the pledge are accurate enough, except for it takings to long. It takes less than a minute. That is not much time out of any busy schedule. It is true that scoundrels would not have o problem saying the pledge.  As samuel Johnson said " Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel". None of this is a justification for not saying it. That is like "throwing the baby out with the bath water" The pledge serves a useful purpose. It is good to reaffirm allegiance to our country. The continued dropping of  things patriotic eventually leads to a disrespect for the country. There is enough revisionist history already that reminds everyone of how  many worts we have. No one is holding a gun to anyone's head and requiring them to say it. Have it presented. Those that want to recite it can do so. Any one who does not want to can remain silent or leave out passages they don't agree with.

Roger