[Vision2020] pledge

Don Coombs mushroom at moscow.com
Thu Jan 26 15:40:00 PST 2006

I would like to commend Aaron Ament for the
straightforward explanation of his position on the
pledge of allegiance at council meetings.

To me, he seems more patriotic than those who want to
be divisive and make a big issue of this. Some of those
who started the discussion, however, just asked for
information and they, too, deserve commendation.

Now my hope is that Vision2020 can get beyond this
particular topic. I'd like it if people would show a
little more patriotic enthusiasm for supporting our
troops and for getting them home safely.

Don Coombs