[Vision2020] Wal-Mart is Unwelcome

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Wed Jan 25 09:29:30 PST 2006

The saddest thing about the absolutely real
conditions of crime and poverty on the lower
parts of the South Hill is how they became that
way. It wasn't always that way. It is a direct
result of building I-90 directly through a
neighborhood dividing and destroying its bonds
along the way as well as effectively cutting
parts of it off from easy police patrol. Add in
that no one who can afford to wants to live next
to all the noise and other attributes of our
modern transportation system and the resultant
depression of very local real estate prices or
rentals and modern day Spokane takes form.

Mark Solomon