[Vision2020] Wal-Mart is Unwelcome

Kai Eiselein, LatahEagle Editor editor at lataheagle.com
Wed Jan 25 08:50:23 PST 2006

Tom,
I lived in Spokane for about 14 years, including the South Hill. maybe you
should take a drive through some of the East Central neighborhoods. Take the
Freya exit and head south to 5th, then turn west into the Liberty Park
area......Welcome to the ghetto.
The line is striking, if you turn east on 5th from Freya, you'll find middle
income families and generally well kept homes, including the one we sold
before moving to Idaho. (Ours was one house in from the corner of 5th and
Havana)
I've also lived on 10th and had an apt. on 29th, so I knew the hill pretty
well.
Much of the lower South Hill, both east and west is poverty stricken, maybe
you should try getting off Grand Blvd once in a while.