[Vision2020] New pieces on New West by two of your fellow Visionaries

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 24 11:52:59 PST 2006

Dear Visionaries,

I encourage you all to pop along to the Northern Idaho page of New West
(http://www.newwest.net/index.php/city/main/C136/L136) where you will
find to excellent pieces, one, "Out East, Back West" by Warren Hayman,
and another, "Digging Up Ancient Treasures in Clarkia" by Phil Nisbet.
Please, read them, post your comments, and enjoy their fine work.  I
thank them both for contributing.

Warren is a new contributor to New West.  I read "Out East, Back West"
long before I began working for the magazine, and I thought then that
it ought to be published.  It's good to have a venue in which I could
help to make that happen.  Warren did all the work, but that doesn't
stop me from feeling quite chuffed with myself.  In reading Warren's
piece, I feel like I've dug up a star garnet . . . a gem you can read
all about in Phil's piece.

A-hem!

Joan Opyr
Northern Idaho Editor