[Vision2020] RE: Apology and Stuff

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 23 13:15:01 PST 2006

Mr. Hansen

I am confused here.  What comment did I make that was adverse to Veterans?

As I recall, all I had to say on the subject was that for the VFW and the
American Legion, we retake the oath annually and that its application is not
simply a matter of rote.  I have taken that oath more than a few times and I
happen to take it very seriously.  Why would my saying that as a Vet we take
the oath cause you to 'fly off the handle'.  I could see such if my comments
had been any sort of denigration of any group of Vets, but they were not.

Phil Nisbet