[Vision2020] Apology and Stuff

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Jan 23 11:48:21 PST 2006

Mr. Nisbet and Visionaires -

Upon reflection I found that I have erred in my previous posting and in my
judgement concerning Mr. Nisbet.  We did, in fact, agree to peacefully
coexist on a first-name basis (to coin an old phrase).  What promulgated my
"flying off at the handle" at Mr. Nisbet were comments he made concerning
veterans, a topic I hold most sacred.  My emotions clouded my memory and, as
a result, I irresponsibly and with total lack of maturity, lashed out at Mr.
Nisbet.

My sincerest apologies to Mr. Nisbet.

That said, I would like to introduce this listserve to a fact that many may
not be aware of:

The Bush administration, in its supposed zeal in support of our troops and
our veterans has failed to continue a pursuit in which his predecessor
(President Bill Clinton) had been actively involved while in office,
accountability of of American troops that remain missing in action.  The
Defense POW/Missing Office maintains a website and provides annual reports
from:

http://www.dtic.mil/dpmo/

As of January 1, 2006, there remain 1,808 Americans that have yet to be
accounted for from the Vietnam War
(http://www.tomandrodna.com/POW_MIA/POWMIA_0106.pdf).  For the
Commander-in-Chief to preach troop support during times of war and yet turn
his back on 1,808 unaccounted Americans while that country (Republic of
Vietnam) seeks "Favored Nation" status goes beyond reason.  PEOPLE MUST BE
HELD ACCOUNTABLE.  And that accountability starts at the top.

I now return the soap box to the next person in line.

Take care, Moscow.

"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil
and steady dedication of a lifetime."

--Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.