[Vision2020] Advertising on New West Magazine

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 23 12:35:07 PST 2006

FYI to all of you business folk out there:

New West Magazine (www.newwest.net) is now receiving more than 4
million hits per week.  This is a tremendous volume of traffic.  As
Northern Idaho Editor, I answer a lot of emails each week about the
Palouse region; I direct people to the Chamber of Commerce and other
local informational groups, and I maintain a list of hot spots for
dining, sipping coffee, or just hanging out in Moscow, Lewiston, and
Coeur d'Alene.  If you have any suggestions for places I might add in
any of these towns, please let me know.

(Some of you might be surprised to see that I have listed Bucer's as a
Moscow hot spot.  You shouldn't be.  Bucer's *is* a Moscow hot spot.
Though I favor The One World and Bookpeople for my own coffee needs, I
try not to let my personal preferences play any part in the Hot Spot
lists.  I'm an opinion columnist, but when it comes to these lists, I
observe and then I report.  I also update the lists as hot spots
change.  In Moscow, fortunately, that's not often.  During the 12 years
I've lived here, Tri-State has been Idaho's Most Interesting Store.
That won't change even if we should be saddled with a WalMart
Supercenter; Tri-State will just become Idaho's Most Interesting Lost
Business.)

Anyhow, if you are interested in advertising on New West, the rates are
as low as $75 per month.  Quite cheap, considering our traffic and the
quality of the ads we run.  For more information, please contact our
sales director, Mark Phillips: mark at newwest.net.  He's a nice guy with
a whale of experience in advertising.  His resume makes my head spin.

At 75 bucks, I can afford to run an ad for my novel beginning this
March and ending when I've sold more copies than The DaVinci Code.
That'll take me, what?  Twenty or thirty years?  Let's see -- I'll be
59 to 69.  Still young enough to blow the proceeds on a Ford Shelby GT
500.  Blue with white racing stripes.  Yeah!

Joan Opyr
Northern Idaho Editor
New West Magazine
www.newwest.net