[Vision2020] light pollution

Patrick T. Evans ptevans at moscow.com
Sun Jan 22 13:52:22 PST 2006

My farm is in Princeton.  I have lived in Latah county since 1979 -
mostly outside of Moscow.  Fact is, most of the mercury vapor lights
in the county are owned by Clearwater Power and they most likely
would be responsible for changing them - not the home owner.  If you
own your own yard lights, simple shields can be purchased for 25 to 50
$.  I drive the rural roads regularly and unsightly yard lights are
continuing to multiply plus I have one glaring across my home site in
Princeton - many people have this same problem.  Let's work together
and solve it.  Shielding yard lights is common decency and it's the
right thing to do.

PT Evans