[Vision2020] women in the infantry

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Jan 19 19:16:11 PST 2006

Maybe another way to look at it, Matt, is to ask why we're so eager to send
our sons, brothers and fathers to war?  Modern warfare depending as it does
on both physical stamina and technology, I guess I would wonder why we seem
to think that our men are expendable in the defense of the nation and the
risks involved in it.

Poor and Third World women fight dangerous battles every day of their lives.
  Somehow, I don't see the evangelical patriarchy too terribly worried about
what that says of its valuing of women.  Maybe it's time to start asking
those questions.

keely