[Vision2020] More bad news from Pakistan

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Mon Jan 16 21:28:36 PST 2006

Joe writes:

>From Fox News, on-line edition: "Al Qaeda's No. 2 leader was invited to dinner marking an
Islamic holiday at the Pakistani border village struck by a purported CIA airstrike, but
he did not show up, intelligence officials said Sunday, as Islamic groups demonstrated
across the country in protest of the 17 people killed in the missile strike."

Don't I recall Fox (and other news outlets) telling us, oh, at least ten or eleven times,
that Al
Qaeda's "Number 2" leader has been either killed or captured?  Has Osama bin Laden
discovered
cloning? Or does he have an endless supply of Number Twos?  Or -- and I admit this is my
own
shamelessly biased Molly Ivins-type view -- anyone/everyone we capture is touted as
Osama's
Number Two because we can't seem to find the big Number One?

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com