[Vision2020] fleecing of Moscow???

Jennifer McFarland jmcfarland at latah.id.us
Wed Jan 11 12:53:41 PST 2006

 Phil, et al.,
I do realize that the law will have a much broader effect than just being
limited to VAWA issues and I understand that it will have specific impact on
other cyber stalking.  When I noted the comment about dialog, I should have
clarified that responding to someone's call or post by saying, "Hey you sick
SOB, stop calling/emailing me" is not tantamount to willingly entering a
dialog (at least insofar as we are concerned when we investigate a stalking
or harassment case).   In fact, one question we ask when we investigate a
stalking case is whether or not the victim party initiated a conversation or
told the accused to stop his/her behavior.  You are right, Phil, that the
law will reverberate past the confines of its specific intent (my assumption
that the intent is rather specific since it is couched in the VAWA
legislation)--perhaps with both positive and negative ramifications.
However, I still hold that it is not likely applicable (realistically) to
the posts on this forum.

--Jennifer

PIO Jennifer L. McFarland
Latah County Sheriff's Office
Public Information Officer
PO Box 8068
Moscow, Idaho 83843
(208) 882-2216
Fax (208) 883-2281

Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to affairs.
***Ralph Waldo Emerson