[Vision2020] Wal-Mart forum handout

Kai Eiselein, LatahEagle Editor editor at lataheagle.com
Tue Jan 10 17:50:53 PST 2006

Stephen,
So are these the figures for towns that didn't "already" have a WalMart?
Moscow DOES have a WalMart, so what are the figures for towns like Moscow?
We need to compare apples to apples here.
I don't see how WalMart will generate any more sales of the items they
already have if they expand.
They would put pressure on grocery stores, all of which are chain stores had
better be able to compete. And Walmart would put pressure on "Qwiki lube"
joints and perhaps tire stores. But both Bruneel and Schwab are chain stores
and had better be able to compete, besides is WalMart going to go after the
farm tire business? Will they invest in field trucks and training to compete
with Bruneel, Schwab and Commercial Tire, which are heavily invested in that
specialty market?
Has anyone gone to a "Super WalMart" lately and actually looked at what they
are doing, selling? I know I haven't been in one over a year and that was at
2 a.m. and I needed some Nyquil, so I wasn't paying attention.