[Vision2020] I do not care about the economy

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 9 19:23:50 PST 2006

Chas

News flash for you.  Wally World does not support the GOP.  You might want
to look at where they do put the $169,000,000 they do laddle out every year.
  The truth is that Walmart pays Greenmail in buckets.  They put money into
the WWF and into the NWF in the millions.  They pay off any City with cash
when any town wants to slow their development plans.  They do not send money
to conservative think tanks like CEI, they send it to liberal think tanks
instead, trying to get favorable reviews.

Walmart is getting to the point that as far as I am conderned, they have
become a Trust just as did the Rockefellers.  You should note that the
Rockefellers, other than Nelson, were solid for the Democrats, something
that seems to happen whenever companies reach trust size.

The giving to buy support for themselves is something that the big boys do
because they can and the smaller firms can not.  It means that the
regulatory ax does not often fall on them and instead chops the smaller
companies to ribbons.  Thats why you will often see an Exxon or a Chevron or
a Walmart support stringent regulation, becuase they know that they can
afford it but their competitors can not.  They realize that they can spread
largese in the right corners to get enough of a blind eye so that the other
guy is the one used to prove a regulatory point.  That is not the level
business playing field supported by Free Enterprise and is one of the
reasons that TR started the anti-Trust laws in the first place.

Phil Nisbet