[Vision2020]Who's most vocal? (was Zoning Law & Freewheeling Capitalism)

Area Man (Dan C) areaman at moscow.com
Mon Jan 9 10:01:00 PST 2006

Ted said:
"The growth in population will fuel an increasing mentality that does
not even know about or care about what is being lost, when people with
money move to the Palouse from much bigger uglier cities, who will think
that the older locals who complain about too much unmanaged or ugly
development compromising the quality of life, are so quaint."

I have found that a lot of people who are most vocal against "unmanaged
or ugly development compromising the quality of life" are not older
locals, but transplants.  Yes, there are some  who are vocal that have
been here their entire lives, but most have not.  I'm not saying that
unmanaged development is good, I'm just expressing my opinion about who
is most vocal about it (or anything else, for that matter).  Part of
that reason is that the transplants are so vocal and good at making
changes that it is chasing the old timers out of town.

Moving to town 20 years ago doesn't make you an old timer.  Definitely
not an old timer like that ol' fart John Weber.

DC

P.S.  I like John, it's just been a few months since the campaign, and
he probably misses me poking fun at him.  Although, since he is a
technophobe, he won't see this anyway.