[Vision2020] walmart

Shelly CJs at turbonet.com
Mon Jan 9 12:45:28 PST 2006

Didn't I say, like a 13 year old?

Phil Roderick

-------Original Message-------

From: Reynolds, James
Date: 01/09/06 12:42:09
To: vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] walmart

I am sorry but you anti-Big-stores folks are going to have to deliver a
better argument. You need to address what you are really against. It looks
to me as if anyone in the retail business is looking to get a bigger share
of the market and I don’t think any store would turn down business. It is
true that the current configuration of the Big-stores has the edge on
everyone else but isn’t it also true that other corporations had market
dominance in points of history (Sears, JC Penny, Montgomery-Ward, K-mart etc
)?

It is amazing the success Walmart has had for sure but eventually, odds are,
it will pull a boner and go down like the rest. American business
competition isn’t pretty but that is what delivers us our goods the way we
demand.

It doesn’t matter to me if a Big-Box store comes here or not on a personal
level but what is all this Harshing on them? If I owned Walmart I’d be rich
and I expect
. happy.

James Reynolds
Moscow