[Vision2020] walmart

Reynolds, James jreynold at vetmed.wsu.edu
Mon Jan 9 12:17:23 PST 2006

I am sorry but you anti-Big-stores folks are going to have to deliver a
better argument. You need to address what you are really against. It
looks to me as if anyone in the retail business is looking to get a
bigger share of the market and I don't think any store would turn down
business. It is true that the current configuration of the Big-stores
has the edge on everyone else but isn't it also true that other
corporations had market dominance in points of history (Sears, JC Penny,
Montgomery-Ward, K-mart etc.)?

It is amazing the success Walmart has had for sure but eventually, odds
are, it will pull a boner and go down like the rest. American business
competition isn't pretty but that is what delivers us our goods the way
we demand.

It doesn't matter to me if a Big-Box store comes here or not on a
personal level but what is all this Harshing on them? If I owned Walmart
I'd be rich and I expect.... happy.

James Reynolds

Moscow