[Vision2020] homeschooling

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sun Jan 8 17:42:34 PST 2006

Just adding to Don's post --

In Idaho, truancy laws apply only to those kids who are registered in public
schools.  If a child isn't registered, there is technically no truancy -- no
matter what does or doesn't happen by way of home education.  As Don said,
you can choose to not have your kids enrolled in school and you don't have
to offer an education plan or submit to testing.  Without enrollment, no one
can accuse your child of truancy.

The majority of homeschooling parents I know do a good job in making sure
their kids are educated, and I have a lot of respect for them.  It's the
folks who "no-school" their kids I have disdain for -- "homeschooling" is
about education, not just keeping the kids at home and away from public
school.

keely