[Vision2020] Stallings: Otter Still Doesn't Get It

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 6 17:46:36 PST 2006

Sunil is not a Californian, he just lived there for a while.

There is no Statute of Limitation on Californians, though I do understand
that they have recently reduced the bag limit to two a season.  Like the
wild turkeys that IF&G stock, they are quite an enjoyable hunt.  Like turkey
and pheasant and other imported game species, they are very hard on local
species and tend to be fairly damaging to the local ecosystem, so some
purists have been pushing for increasing the bag limit.  Others have been
pushing for ecotourism type approaches of photo hunting them, an activity
that has a very large following in places that they tend to flock in winter
down in Blaine County in Sun Valley-Ketchum or on the border near Jackson
Hole.