[Vision2020] How about uncertified pastors?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 12:38:06 PST 2006

Nick,

  And just who should be the one certifying pastors? : D

  -DJA

Nick Gier <ngier at uidaho.edu> wrote:    Greetings:

  Good post Don Huskey.  You promised that you would only post once  and then let your wife take it from there.  I'm so glad that you  have broken your promise.

 My pet peeve is uncertified  pastors.  This country is awash with them.  They do not have  proper training in theology or counseling, and they do just as much  damage as uncertified teachers or Idaho parents who homeschool their  children with absolutely no state controls at all.

 The problem  of theological and scientific illiteracy in our country can be  partially laid at the feet of ignorant preachers, or clever ones who  know better but still get their jollies from controlling the minds of  their congregations.  The rest of the world stands aghast at the  disinformation campaigns coming out of many US pulpits.

 My  favorite example is the Southern Baptist Convention's campaign to  convert the dark souls of Hindus and the Indian Christians who told  them to butt out of their religious affairs.

  Nick Gier
    "The god you worship is the god you   deserve."
  ~~ Joseph Campbell
 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com