[Vision2020] e-mail as public record (was lurking)

Tom Ivie the_ivies3 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 17:15:45 PST 2006

My guess is that "official" would be if it were an actual "city" e-mail address.  For example, John Weber's email address jweber at ci.moscow.id.us would be an official address. I could be wrong but I am guessing that in order to fulfill a public records request the email address would have to be a governmental one.  Otherwise it would be on a private server and a subpeona or search warrant would be needed to obtain the private record (Patriot Act anyone?)  If anyone knows for sure, I would like to know if I am right or wrong on this.  Thanks

DonaldH675 at aol.com wrote:      Thank you.  I assume then that sending a public official an email at their official address would have the effect of making the note a part of the public record.  Nonetheless, the last thing I plan to spend my time on is tracking down a lurker, I just can't imagine why anyone would bother.
  Thanks again

  Rose Huskey

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi