[Vision2020] Logos School's Policy of Entrance Discrimination

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Tue Jan 3 17:48:42 PST 2006

Wayne and Donovan,

Between you two there is much truth-each by himself..I wonder : -)
Seriously, Donovan's reply to all this was well done and helpful; and yet,
Wayne's reply here gives another important context to all this as well. I
would think a more biblical paradigm for education would be a bit more
missional than some contemporary approaches to classical education.  I
remember Dr. Gier talking about the impact missionaries had on women getting
educated in Indian.

Thanks both of you.

Of course, I don't know why Wayne just doesn't become a follower of Jesus
all the way.  How long can a secularist use a Christian's own moral
foundation to criticize other stupid Christians until he wants on?  Just a
thought. Of course, then he would be judged by those same standards too;
perhaps that's one reason. (oh, ya; I almost forgot: the Problem of Evil
supposedly has something to do with it)

Yours,

Michael Metzler

Rose, et al,

Perhaps another point in this issue is that alleged Christian schools by a
fundamental Christian doctrine allegedly issuing directly from the mouth of
Jesus ought go out of their way to assist the disabled.  In fact, if they
believe the following from Matthew, they will not get to their alleged
heaven if they don't.  The words in red in the text are allegedly those of
Jesus.

W.

_____________________________

Matthew 25:31 - 46 (Young's Literal Translation) 31'And whenever the Son of
Man may come in his glory, and all the holy messengers with him, then he
shall sit upon a throne of his glory;

32and gathered together before him shall be all the nations, and he shall
separate them from one another, as the shepherd doth separate the sheep from
the goats,

33and he shall set the sheep indeed on his right hand, and the goats on the
left.

34'Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed
of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the
foundation of the world;

35for I did hunger, and ye gave me to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me to
drink; I was a stranger, and ye received me;

36naked, and ye put around me; I was infirm, and ye looked after me; in
prison I was, and ye came unto me.

37'Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see thee
hungering, and we nourished? or thirsting, and we gave to drink?

38and when did we see thee a stranger, and we received? or naked, and we put
around?

39and when did we see thee infirm, or in prison, and we came unto thee?

40'And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch
as ye did it to one of these my brethren-the least-to me ye did it.

41Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the
cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil
and his messengers;

42for I did hunger, and ye gave me not to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me
not to drink;

43a stranger I was, and ye did not receive me; naked, and ye put not around
me; infirm, and in prison, and ye did not look after me.

44'Then shall they answer, they also, saying, Lord, when did we see thee
hungering, or thirsting, or a stranger, or naked, or infirm, or in prison,
and we did not minister to thee?

45'Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye
did it not to one of these, the least, ye did it not to me.

46And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to
life age-during.'