[Vision2020] Doug "The Victim" Wilson says "Foul!"

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 28 16:06:14 PST 2006

Doug Wilson has made the following comments, I would guess because he is
again trying to defend his position:

“The persecutorial mind does not just want to kill the designated victim. He
wants to be righteous in having done so, and getting the victim to cooperate
is an important part of this process. The persecutor does what he does
because he himself feels threatened; he feels like a victim who has narrowly
averted disaster . . . by getting rid of the real trouble-maker.”

Doug claims he is repeatedly being wronged and religiously hounded by those
of us intolereistas.  He is a victim.  (You can all say “Ahhhh!” now.)  He
apparently feels it is done due to his being a threat. Actually, he feels he
is a threat on "religious grounds."  He continually fails to see that he is
law-breaker and usurper in the way he personally and through his
parishioners/flunkys, conducts HIS business.  He continually goes behind the
scenes to try to get things done “under the radar” and when he is caught, he
calls out “religious persecution.”  Of course, the new wrinkle is to blame
the elders for the “mistakes” that have happened over the past ten years,
but that is of little consequence (to him and apparently to those he blames.
  Go figure.)

The truth is, as persecutor, he has repeatedly told people in person and via
e-mail to stop stating their opinion (You know… “If I wanted your opinon,
I’da beat it out of you.”)  All you have to do is read his “love letters” or
his blog where he uses the delete key if he feels a responder to his
writings is going in a direction he does not favor.

Now, he has his flunky Douggie Junior writing “love letters” to a
parishioner that is apparently “missed” at church:

“Just checking in, since we haven't seen you at church in a couple weeks.
Obviously, you don't have to share worship and the supper with us, but some
of your earlier comments suggested you'd be hanging with us for a long time.
Anything changed in your thinking?
Have you been able to share in the supper at some other church?
Sincerely,
Doug Jones”

Big of you Doug, to tell someone they “don’t have to share worship and the
supper” with you…really, very generous.

I remember when we got several of these kind of notes when my family and I
first stopped attending the church.  Fact is, we still get approached when
out in the community and asked “when you going to return to the church?” In
fact, since this just happened again the other day – let me take this
opportunity to state IMPHATICALLY --- NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! gonna happen.
("Free at last, free at last, Thank God Almighty, we're free at last!")

The feeling of being watched then and now can be very overwhelming and yes
the feeling of intrusion is plain palatable.  Neither feeling is very
comforting and neither is conducive to the “family feeling” that Doug et al
have repeatedly put out there as being their main concern.   Their main
concern, in actuality, is the fact that when people leave, they tend to
leave talking.  This puts Doug in the position of “victim” and I am sure he
is weary of that placement.  However, IF it were true that he is a victim,
just how much of that is his own fault?  Just when will it occur to him that
HIS actions are what put him in a position of having to "defend" himself?

J  :]