[Vision2020] Wal-Mart a friend to those on a limited budget....

joekc at adelphia.net joekc at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 28 11:04:08 PST 2006

I'm a working father of 1, Tony. I like low prices as much as the next guy but I'd rather find other ways to make ends meet. How many cars do you own? How many TV sets? How many CDs? There are lots of ways to save money other than to shop at a places that offer low prices by exploiting others.

And this has nothing to do with left vs. right. Free enterprise should never trump human rights. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among thgese are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." I don't see any exceptions here for Chinese laborers, minimum wage cashiers, or union truck drivers. I'm just trying to live in accordance with the relatively conservative ideas of our forefathers (and foremothers). I'm not a communist. Free enterprise is fine but human rights are the true bottom line.

Of course, Wal-Mart is not the only guilty party but we have to start somewhere, right?

Best,
Joe Campbell

Tony wrote:

As a working father of 3, I find Wal-Mart's prices and selection to be very
helpful in making ends meet. I've talked to a number of people who work there
and they seem to think it a good place to be...  I wonder if the local  furor
isn't more a sign of the left's distaste for free enterprise in  general more
than anything Wal-Mart has done.