[Vision2020] Lies, Ports, and Saudi Arabia Yet Again!

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 17:00:34 PST 2006

Pat et. al.

A foreign government operating critical US infrastructure should be a
concern no matter what government it is, but Singapore and Dubai present
very different problems relating to US security.  I doubt Singapore presents
the same potential dangers regarding US security and terrorism as Dubai.
But US ports across the board should increase security, even if it means
widgets at Wal-Mart shipped from the Chinese Communist one party rule human
rights violating dictatorship will cost more, and negatively impact
quarterly earnings.

One moment Bush lovers insist we must invade and occupy another nation,
Iraq, in large part because of it's WMDs threatening the US (that Iraq did
not have when we invaded), and ties (false ties, according to the US
government's 9/11 Commission) to 9/11 and Al Queda, as we depose an evil
dictator, though the chances of establishing a better society in Iraq by the
use of violence and military force were very doubtful (as the US continues
business with and send billions in US aid to other dictatorships around the
world).

But now that the Bush administration is (was) allowing a state owned
company, from a nation with well documented ties to the 9/11 attacks and Al
Queda, to control critical US infrastructure, many Bush lovers say the
warning flags being raised are an exaggerated reaction?

An exaggerated reaction?  Excuse me?!  Maybe if we started bombing Dubai as
we rolled in the tanks, announcing another disgusting "shock and awe"
campaign, killing innocent civilians in a country mostly unable to defend
itself against the greatest military in the world, that might be
"exaggerated."

And now, to harp again on this related topic...I still cannot fathom why
much of the US public still seems to forget or ignore... 15 of the 9/11
hijackers were Saudi nationals!  And how much money has Saudi Arabia
invested in the USA?  And why has Saudi Arabia blocked full investigations
into the 15 Saudi 9/11 hijackers?

"Houston, we have a problem!"

"The report strongly criticized top Saudi officials for their 'lack of
cooperation' before and after the Sept. 11 attacks, even when it became
known that 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudis.…One top U.S. official told
the joint inquiry staff that the Saudis since 1996 would not cooperate on
matters relating to Osama bin Laden.  Robert Baer, a former CIA officer,
said the Saudis blocked FBI agents from talking to relatives of the 15
hijackers and following other leads in the kingdom."

*Frank Davies, et al., "Bush rejects call to give more 9/11 data,"
Philadelphia Inquirer, July 30, 2003.*

Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded
because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent
of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes … known instruments for
bringing the many under the domination of the few.… No nation could preserve
its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.

— James Madison, Political Observations, 1795

Ted Moffett