[Vision2020] RE: Unbridled Breeding at it's finest!

James Reynolds chapandmaize at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 25 14:50:31 PST 2006

Doug,

I am sorry I don't know your last name so I cannot provide you with the
proper title protocol.

The question I was addressing in the posting you commented on was what is
the reason for the actual growth in the physical size of the world's
metropolitan areas. The growth is a result of unbridled/uncontrolled
breeding of the population. For most areas of the earth there are no
controls placed on human breeding. It is simply a fact.

No one, to my knowledge, has a number to give you on how many people the
earth can support. There have been attempts to model the carrying capacity
but of course there are too many assumptions that have to be subjectively
applied to such models so the validity of the models is suspect. These
assumptions lie in the areas of technological advances in food production
and the mitigation of damage to the environment that supports all  life on
earth. No one can foretell the future technological advances.

I would never suggest eugenics as a solution to potential overpopulation.
But yes, overpopulation as a result of unbridled breeding will be an eminent
problem we will confront in the future.

James