[Vision2020] Unstable, Doomed Model Cannot Protect Our Quality of Life

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Feb 25 13:32:10 PST 2006

I agree with you, Mr. Reynolds, to the extent that Mr. Holmquist's claim
concerning sustained growth within Moscow is independent from a potential
introduction of a major retail outlet to the area.

I do have a question, however.  I will preface my question with a question.

How many Wal-Mart Supercenters are there in Boise (a city with a population
of 150,000+)?

My question:  Keeping in mind that there is a major Wal-Mart outlet in
Lewiston, just how much business does Wal-Mart anticipate generating from
the Moscow-Pullman community (combined population of approximately 50,000)
with TWO super centers no more than twelve miles apart?

Curiouser and curiouser . . .

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"