[Vision2020] I can't do it . . .

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Mon Feb 20 18:39:45 PST 2006

Yes, the orchestrated "take BJ Swanson down" campaign was repugnant in its
own way, and I was proud to stand with her and would defend anyone whose
well-demonstrated integrity was attacked  and whose livelihood threatened
because s/he dared to disagree with the bullies.

And I defend Donovan's right to express himself freely on Vision 2020
without people deciding that his occasionally strident tone renders him
unsuitable to care for those who depend on him -- and perhaps even
dangerous.  That's a stretch, and a dangerous one.

I don't see the situations as all that similar, but I think they're both
wrong.  I would assume that there are people who don't like much of what I
say at all; actually, I'm pretty sure of it.  But I would be crushed if they
somehow thought that I would scream at them and shove their family members
into the thornbushes if, for example, they got a flat tire in front of my
house.  We're all more than the sum of even our most vocal and passionate
opinions, and in the long run what matters here isn't whether or not we
agree with the bond, defend Doug Wilson, or think Molly Ivins is Satan
personified.

To quote from Soylent Green, regrettably, here's what really matters  --
"IT'S PEOPLE!!!!!!"  And how I treat them matters a hell of a lot more than
what I think about the issues that surround them, critical though they may
be.

keely