[Vision2020] I can't do it . . .

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Mon Feb 20 18:12:35 PST 2006

Dear Visionaries:

Keely is a better woman than I am, and Phil a better man.  (You'll have
to work out the logistics of that on your own time.)  I have tried and
failed to compose a defense of Donovan re: Wayne's suggestion that he
be investigated.  I agree with Keely and Phil, I really do, but each
sentence I wrote in defense of Donovan set off my hypocrisy alarm.  I'm
nearly deaf from it's squealing.

Here's the best that I can do: I am always and everywhere opposed to
tortious interference with employment.  Yes, it was wrong when it
happened to B. J. Swanson, but to compare one remark posted by Wayne
Fox to Vision 2020 with the concerted and coordinated campaign launched
against Ms. Swanson seems to me . . . ridiculous.  And offensive.  If
anyone else had chimed in to agree with Wayne, or had gone so far as to
contact Donovan's employer, or write letters to the editor attacking
him, or launched a full-scale personal assault of the kind Ms. Swanson
just faced down, then the analogy might make sense.  At present, it
doesn't.  Perhaps Wayne will simply apologize for the lapse in his
judgment; then, we can restore our collective sense of proportion and
move on?

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.newwest.net
www.joanopyr.com