[Vision2020] Roy Atwood Speaks

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 19 14:18:49 PST 2006

I sent this to several people yesterday, but after some thought and
rehashing - here it is today:

>From Roy Atwood regarding Nick's criticism of NSA via the Daily News:

"For more than two years, Nick Gier has engaged in a smear campaign against
New Saint Andrews College on the Internet and the opinion pages of our
region’s newspapers (including his most recent letter in this paper)."

Translation:  Nick has been writing what NSA/Doug does not like about us,
for a while now.

"We quit responding to his prejudiced distortions and false accusations long
ago because it only seemed to encourage more of the same."

Translation:  We really didn't have any real excuse for his truths, so we
just ignored him.

"Unfortunately, ignoring him just made things worse, turning his pathetic
criticisms into full-fledged defamations."

Translation:  Still, his comments are really, really hurting us.

"The appropriate response to defamation is not more letters to the editor."

Translation:  We won't write letters to the paper except for this one, of
course, but we will get you in other ways.

"Instead, we invite readers who wish to learn more about New Saint Andrews
to call us or, better yet, to stop by and visit."

Translation:  We indoctrinate whomever walks in, calls or e-mails us - all
for free.

"We are always eager to answer honest questions from fair-minded inquirers."

Translation:  WE determine who is fair-minded and what questions are honest
of course and will give you what WE/Doug know to be true.

"As for those who prefer to wage malicious smear campaigns, we are eager to
give them an opportunity to prove their charges. Our legal team is preparing
for when and where that will be."

Translation:  My big brother can beat-up your big brother anytime, anywhere,
anyhow.

"Roy Atwood, president, New Saint Andrews College"

J  :]