[Vision2020] Plan in Action

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 23:05:16 PST 2006

Micheal,

 Fair enough. I just get tired of hearing about it  and have stopped being open to anything anyone has to say about Wilson  and Co. on V2020 because they have amply demonstrated their inability  to be unbiased, reasonable, fair and accurate in their presentation of  information; which makes the communication and conversation pointless.

  Take Care,

  _DJA

Michael <metzler at moscow.com> wrote:                    st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                              Donovan,

    I  like some of your general points here, and I think they have wide  application.  However, I think Keely made some good points, which  were accurate and well focused. I’d go as far to say that this post  from her was one of the better I’ve seen in a while; and her argument  with respect to crabtree’s interesting way of casting the issue seems  cogent. Further, she was merely explaining the actions of another  poster against strong criticism from crabtree.  I would think that  standards of credibility should be applied without a double standard;  certainly not all criticism of Wilson on Vision2020 is ‘ludicrous’ and  certainly not all those who wish to defend Wilson here are perfect  examples of just discourse. And I’m sure most of us here assume that  the topic of CC/Wilson/NSA/Logos/Anselm House/Credenda conferences are  not irrelevant to discussions about our community.

    Thank you
    Michael Metzler

    Reverend Keely,

       It is one thing to use V2020 for the purposes  of raising issues with the actions and intended actions of a group or  organization. However, it is entirely something different to use V2020  or any public forum to continuously and  personally attack another  person or persons because you disagree with those actions or beliefs.

       Frankly, there is no more creditability left  with any attacks on Wilson from V2020, NONE; in part because the claims  against Wilson have become so ludicrous, biased, and often wrong, and  in part because the volume is so overwhelming that we drown it out for  information that is actually relevant to our daily lives.

      Most of us do not agree with Wilson  or share many of his political or religious beliefs. But the obsession  with him by some posters has gotten way out of hand-especially from  some that will write slanderous materia! l and not use their real name  on the forum. Your attempt to defend that with the Bible or Christ does  your title and His good name little justice.

  _DJA

  keely emerinemix <kjajmix1 at msn.com> wrote:
    OK, Mr. Crabtree, I'll grant that you were within a few yards of Doug  Wilson
  and suffered no ill effect. In fact, I'll match you and then some: I was
  once in a room alone with Wilson  -- his open-doored office -- and suffered
  not one bruise, bump, scratch, or owie, nor was my psyche terribly damaged.
  No weapons were displayed, no threats were made, and no one insulted the
  other person's mother. We even shook hands. Without a hidden blade or even
  a joy buzzer.

  Fascinating, indeed. But not terribly relevant. Why?

  Because those of us who revere the Gospel of Jesus Christ see that the
  lead! ership of Moscow's most prominent "Christian" church group  represents it
  in the most irresponsible, ugly, damaging and divisive manner most of us
  have ever seen. That makes us far more grieved than angry, but anger
  certainly is justified. When the most visible group in town claims Christ's
  name and then continuously behaves badly -- very badly -- those who owe
  their lives to that Name will call them on it. Or they should; the
  evangelical and mainline community's near-silence on the subject is
  disheartening. Either way, those who hate religion will hate the hypocrisy
  and sneering arrogance they see in a religious group, and those who love
  their faith will hate it even more. Those who hate those who hate the
  hypocrisy and arrogance will likely continue to mock them.

  I'm sure, Mr. Crabtree, that you'll understand why your approval matters
  very little to me, but I wish you well nonetheless and simply ask that you
  accord a measu! re of charity if not to me, then to others struggling against
  the Kirk's influence in Moscow.  If it were just about a wacky,
  irrepressibly puckish guy named Doug Wilson, you'd be right. It isn't,
  though, and you're not.

  keely

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com