[Vision2020] Plan in Action

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 17:58:46 PST 2006

Reverend Keely,

      It is one thing to  use V2020 for the purposes of raising issues with the actions and  intended actions of a group or organization. However, it is entirely  something different to use V2020 or any public forum to continuously  and  personally attack another person or persons because you  disagree with those actions or beliefs.

       Frankly, there is no more creditability left  with any attacks on Wilson from V2020, NONE; in part because the claims  against Wilson have become so ludicrous, biased, and often wrong, and  in part because the volume is so overwhelming that we drown it out for  information that is actually relevant to our daily lives.

      Most of us do not agree with Wilson or share many of  his political or religious beliefs. But the obsession with him by some  posters has gotten way out of hand-especially from some that will write  slanderous material and not use their real name on the forum. Your  attempt to defend that with the Bible or Christ does your title and His  good name little justice.

  _DJA

keely emerinemix <kjajmix1 at msn.com> wrote:  OK, Mr. Crabtree, I'll grant that you were within a few yards of Doug Wilson
and suffered no ill effect.  In fact, I'll match you and then some:  I was
once in a room alone with Wilson -- his open-doored office -- and suffered
not one bruise, bump, scratch, or owie, nor was my psyche terribly damaged.
No weapons were displayed, no threats were made, and no one insulted the
other person's mother.  We even shook hands.  Without a hidden blade or even
a joy buzzer.

Fascinating, indeed.  But not terribly relevant.  Why?

Because those of us who revere the Gospel of Jesus Christ  see that the
leadership of Moscow's most prominent "Christian" church group represents it
in the most irresponsible, ugly, damaging and divisive manner most of us
have ever seen.  That makes us far more grieved than angry, but anger
certainly is justified.  When the most visible group in town claims Christ's
name and then continuously behaves badly -- very badly -- those who owe
their lives to that Name will call them on it.  Or they should; the
evangelical and mainline community's near-silence on the subject is
disheartening.  Either way,  those who hate religion will hate the hypocrisy
and sneering arrogance they see in a religious group, and those who love
their faith will hate it even more.  Those who hate those who hate the
hypocrisy and arrogance will likely continue to mock them.

I'm sure, Mr. Crabtree, that you'll understand why your approval matters
very little to me, but I wish you well nonetheless and simply ask that you
accord a measure of charity if not to me, then to others struggling against
the Kirk's influence in Moscow.   If it were just about a wacky,
irrepressibly puckish guy named Doug Wilson, you'd be right.  It isn't,
though, and you're not.

keely