[Vision2020] Gore's Foreign Policy

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 13:16:35 PST 2006

On 2/16/06, Matt Decker <mattd2107 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> James,
>
> My problem with Gore over in Saudi Arabia is not that he is over there
> trying to make amends with middle eastern countries, and our administration.
> I have a problem with him stating we are torturing muslims in the US. At
> this point these are accusations and have no or little proof. I would just
> hope that our former VP would realize these comments do not help our
> situation.

Matt --

You're not paying attention.

The Sidney Morning Herald just published new photographs from Abu
Ghraib: photographs showing shotgun wounds, forced nudity, religious
desevrations, and six more uninvestigated corpses. At Guanatanamo, we
used waterboarding, dogs, temperature extremes, religious desecration,
forced urination and defecation, and death threats on largely
innovcent detainees. These are not wild conspiracy theores. These are
government reports.

This is not to mention what we're doing in the worldwide network of
secret CIA prisons -- a program we know nothing about except that it
apparently exists. The fact that you pretend that these things are not
happening is blindness, callousness, or ignorance. I suggest that you
remedy whichever of the three is the case.

-- ACS